Lorain County Fair Dates: August 22-27, 2023
Ohio State Fair Dates: July 26-August 6, 2023
2023 Lorain County Jr. Fair Theme:
Cowboy Boots & Country Roots
Junior Fair Premium Book, Entry Forms, & Reference Materials
Born, Bred & Raised in Lorain County Registration Form - (Animal Species: Market Beef, Market Lambs, Market Boer & Dairy Market Goats)
This packet contains the following information:
- Where to Find Lorain County Jr. Fair Information
- County Fair Passes and Gate Admission
- Booth Space in Bldgs 11 & 14, with a link for Fire Code Regulations
- Guidelines for Veterinary Service During Fair
- Advisors and Families with Market Projects/Buyer Letter Info.
- Mandatory Market Animal & Exhibitor Photo for Livestock Sale Buyer Signs
- Important Jr. Fair Livestock and Dairy Auction Information for 4-H & FFA Exhibitors
- Public Speaking at County Fair
- County Fair Style Revue Card
- Jr. Fair Overnight Pass Request Form
- Horse Activities and Contests Being Held During Fair Week
- School Notification Form
Scrapie ID information for Sheep and Goats
- Official Scrapie ID Types for Sheep & Goats
- Scrapie Flock ID Information
- Key Points on Sheep and Goat ID (Owner/Hauler Statements)
Fair Entry Assistance
Find videos, tip sheets, and worksheets to assist you in our new online system!
Link to Lorain County FairEntry- http://LorainCounty.fairentry.com
- How to Register with FairEntry
- Entry Process for Families
- How to log in to Fair Entry with 4-H Online
- Lorain County Jr. FairEntry Helpsheet
- 2023 Junior Fair Entry Worksheet
- 2023 4-H Project Exhibit Guidelines
Junior Fair Livestock Sale
Thank you to all of our Jr. Fair Livestock Sale Supporters! You are greatly appreciated!
Friday, August 25 at 1:30 p.m. in Barn 9
Saturday, August 26 at 8:30 a.m. in Barn 9
Junior Fair Board- membership applications
The Junior Fair Board establishes exhibit classes and rules for the Jr. Fair. They organize, prepare for, and conduct the activities of the Jr. Fair. They are active from January through November. Youth must be 15 on January 1 and not turn 19 before January 1 and be a member of Lorain County 4-H, FFA, FFCLA, Farm Bureau Youth, or Campfire USA. Application is required.
Junior Fair Board Application - Application deadline 3:00 p.m.November 30th to Lorain County Fairgrounds, Wellington
Junior Fair Board Department Assistant Application - Application deadline 3:00 p.m. February 1st to Lorain County Fairgrounds, Wellington
Junior Fair Board Adult Consultant Application - Application deadline 3:00 p.m. January 3rd to Lorain County Fairgrounds, Wellington
Junior Fair Activity Request Form
This form is to be submitted to the Jr. Fair Board for approval each year by any group or individual wishing to conduct an activity during the week of the county fair which involves junior fair youth or any of the junior fair facilities or show rings. Activity request forms are to be submitted by March 22.
T-Shirt Design Contest - Junior Fair
Do you enjoy drawing? You should consider participating in the Lorain County Junior Fair T-Shirt Design Contest sponsored by the Junior Fair Board. First Place design will be printed on this year's Junior Fair shirts to be worn by hundreds of people. ENTRY MUST BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE March 22.
Round bales have long been an economically sound way for farmers to harvest and store hay for their livestock. Farmers have also found that while form follows function- with a little bit of creativity- these bales can also serve as yard decoration! Share your group's creative side by entering this year's Lorain County Fair Hay Bale Contest!
Recruit three of your friends to compete in these fun barnyard-inspired games! Age divisions include:
- Cloverbuds- ages 5-8, play as individuals, not in teams
- Juniors (9-13)
- Seniors (14-18)
Cake Decorating Contest
Share your sweet and creative decorating abilities in this fun team competition!
Junior Fair Royalty Contest
Jr. Fair King & Queen and Court - 2023 Application is the Lorain County Scholarship Application Deadline is to the Extension office April 3, 2023
Jr. Fair Facilities Request
We have a new process to streamline and assist all Club requests to utilize Jr. Fair Facilities.
- Check the online fairgrounds schedule to make sure your date is available.
- Complete the Jr. Fair Rental Contract (including the signature of the responsible party) and e-mail it- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon approval, the contract will be updated and returned to you.
- You may forward the approved contract and deposit (if required) to Charisse Nikel- email@example.com