OSUE Family and Consumer Sciences Educators have created a “how to” video series, Tips for Teens. Each video offers information about life skills from basic car maintenance, doing laundry, cleaning a bathroom, folding a fitted bed sheet to making healthy snacks and shakes. The new weekly series, Tips for Teens, is designed to help teens develop some awareness, knowledge, skills, and aspirations about life readiness.
Tips for Teens is a great way to learn how to do a task, and each video takes less than five minutes. The videos get teens focused on what matters: Gaining confidence!
Check out the following Tips for Teens videos! Visit https://fcs.osu.edu/news/tips-teens for a complete list of videos series or click on the topics below.
- “Go Out There and Fail!” - Sometimes our irrational thoughts about awful outcomes or needs for perfection may keep us from trying new activities. As we can tell ourselves rational statements—of our possible failures as we get better at new activities—those might help free us up simply to do our best.
- Time to Change that Flat Tire, by Bridget Britton
- Basic First Aid, by 4-H Trumbull Teen Leaders
- Laundry Basics, by Lorrissa Dunfee
- Don't Let 'Em Drive You Crazy, by Joseph Maiorano
- Good Impressions & Interview Skills, by 4-H Trumbull Teen Leaders
- How to Check the Oil in Your Car, by Lorrissa Dunfee